Sunday, May 10, 2009

So very dry...

Man, it's dry out there. I spend half an hour every morning and another thirty minutes every evening watering. I prefer to do it old-school: fill a bucket, water carefully while the next bucket fills. I've gotten good at it, so that I know when the next bucket's full and can time my watering perfectly. A bit of healthy exercise, running from garden to bib in the morning cool.

Tomatoes are still somewhat behind, but I noticed my 'Bella Rosa' is starting to ripen. First full-sized tomato of the season. The cukes and melons continue to produce.

2 comments:

Stu, St Pete said...

I'm losing my mind - there are the lushest, most beautiful cucumber vines on the trellis, 8 feet long vines covered in nothing but male flowers. I've had five weeks of solely male flowers now, on 7-9 plants.

Vonnie said...

I hope you got the nice down pour that we did in the other part of Southwest Volusia last evening. My garden is breathing a sign of relief.