Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fruit census...

  • Citrus: Honeybell Tangelo, Hamlin Orange, Owari Satsuma (these all on Flying Dragon), Sambokan Lemon, a Kumquat in a pot, and a kaffir lime in a pot
  • Figs: 'Alma,' 'Brown Turkey,'Celeste.' (I planted these in the ground after a year in pots.)
  • Brambles: Bababerry, unidentified blackberry, unidentified raspberry (from tony_k), and a 'Brazos' blackberry
  • Blueberries: Climax, Emerald, Sunshine Blue (four), Sharpblue
  • Grapes: Nesbitt
  • Pomegranate (Grenada)
  • Pommes: Anna Apple, Dorsett Golden Apple, Hood Pear, Pineapple Pear
  • Various pineapples
  • Mulberry (Black Beauty)
  • Carambola ('Sri Kambangum')
  • Bananas (four kinds, mostly dwarf, including Oronico & Ice Cream)
  • Mango (Cogshall)
  • Three peaches (Flordabell, FlordaPrince, Earligrande)
  • Fuyu Persimmon
  • Gulf Beauty and Gulf Blaze plums
I had several blueberries die over the course of last year--all from the same grower, so I'll blame the source. I replaced them with Sunshine Blue, which, by all accounts, are well-adapted and prolific small bushes. Right now I've got them in a very large pot--I'll grow them out for a year and then transplant them into the ground. They're only about a foot tall right now, but covered in blooms and berries. I'll be surprised if my carambola survived the winter--I protected it, but there's only so much you can do for an immature tree. I'm displeased with my Flordabell (from Willis--I won't order from them again). It's grown much more slowly than my FlordaPrince did, and has yet to break dormancy this year.

No comments: