- Sungold Tomato, the most prolific, tastiest tomato I grow
- Two cucumbers that I started a few weeks ago in cups, from Pinetree: BUSH CROP (55 days)
and SALAD BUSH (F1 Hybrid 56 days)
- Goose Creek Tomato (thanks, Bill!)
- my "Seminole Squash" wilding from this past fall
- Rattlesnake Beans (several weeks going now)
- Cherokee Purple (from winter garden)
- Better Boy (from winter garden)
Some of my lettuce crops have bolted; they've been in the ground for months, so regardless of warm or cold temperatures, these were bound to bolt soon. I plan to replace them soon with Queensland lettuce from ECHO and more cuttings from my Okinawan Spinach.
With the exception of cowpeas and sweet potatoes, that'll be it for my summer veg garden. The cukes will be destroyed by the pickleworm by mid-May (sigh) The runner beans and tomatoes will produce into July, when they'll burn out or begin to suffer too badly from pests. I'll harvest sweet potatoes and cowpeas from mid-June until frost. I might try some yucca this summer.