Friday, March 20, 2009

A quick update in pictures....

It's such a beautiful time of the year. It got into the mid- and upper-eighties last week for a couple of days, but now it's turned cool again, with the low seventies for the next week. That gives my salad crops and especially my peas a reprieve. Been busy transplanting early-season tomatoes into my beds, sowing McCaslan beans (to join the Rattlesnakes, Violettas and Willow-Leaf limas already out there). Dug my first carrots of the spring earlier this week. Started some Red Sails lettuce to get me through May. Culled the peaches from my tree. Mulching things in preparation for a dry spring... It's even better full-screen.

This slide show is worth watching...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Talk about perfect timing - I had no idea how to trellis my plants - but looking at your pics - totally gave me great ideas! BTW how do you get such great close ups. Beautiful stuff really!