Friday, May 30, 2008

Summer flowers for Florida

I had a couple of bare patches in the flower beds, so yesterday morning before work I planted...
  • Four pots purple Pseuderanthemum laxiflorum (since there were multiple plants in each pot, I divided the pots into six plants). A new-to-me plant from a grower called "Florennials" -- claims to be perennial in Florida.
  • One pot "Victoria Blue" Salvia farinacea (divided into two plants)
  • Two pots of a pinkish Gaura, a tried-and-true perennial in my garden.
  • One pot of blue and white AngelMist Angelonia
  • Three small pots of blue Scaevola hybrid
  • Some Purple Queen (Tradescantia pallida 'Purple Heart'), transplanted from my garden
  • A bunch of Black and Blue Salvia (Salvia guaranitica 'Black and Blue'), transplanted from my garden
  • I transplanted some yellow Gazanias to coordinate the beds.

The photographs were taken after I got back from work, when the plants were pretty droopy. Taking pictures of beds is problematic, the moreso since I lack right now any background foliage from this perspective.


No comments: