- 3# of ripe tomatoes
- 1# of cucumbers
- 1/2# green pepper (any sort, I used a couple of banana peppers)
- 1 clove garlic
- 5-6 summer onions (large scallions, or use 1/2 of a small red onion)
- 1 c. good olive oil (not too expensive, not too cheap)
- a few pieces of stale hearty country loaf, torn into pieces
- as much sherry vinegar as your care to eat
- a lot of salt, I like flake sea salt
for garnish: chopped hard-boiled egg, diced green pepper, basil (purple offers a striking contrast), chopped scallion
Chuck it all in a blender, in batches if you have to (mix it all together in a large pitcher when you're done blending).
Serve with garnishes and some toasted country bread.