Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Drat... bananas!

My super-rare, super-cool Ele Ele Banana has decided to finally set fruit... a bummer, since there's probably not enough energy left in the season to bring the nanas to maturity. Sigh. Two years I've waited for it to set fruit. Ah, well, I have a number of pups that will likely mature next year. Bananas can be vexing.

"They" describe the Ele Ele as a mix between a dessert and cooking banana. Perhaps that means that I can pick it unripe and use it for fritters, etc. But, really, who can eat fifty pounds of fritters? (OK, that was a stupid question.)

1 comment:

Leon said...

Hi, sorry about off-top -

We're going to order some vegetable seeds. It seems that you've using Pinetree Garden Seeds lately? Would you recommend them? Any other catalogs you like? Thanks!

P.S. And thank you for very informative and interesting blog - I don't remember if I've commented before, but I've been reading for quite a while.